Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Top O' The Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all you Irish and wannabee Irish out there. Festivities under way including the wearing of green and the drinking of beer. We've got friends coming into town this afternoon, going to hit the pub crawl downtown. I've got a few hours to whip up a green hat or two - nothing like waiting til the last minute to stress a person out.

Totally unrelated - I HATE driving in roundabouts. What is the deal with those anyway? Why are they putting them in everywhere? Seriously, I can't stand them. No one seems to know how to navigate them, and the entire time I'm going around I cringe - just waiting for an accident. No love for the roundabout.

Check out the Urban Dictionary Word Of The Day, I love it!

March 17: bad economy

An all-purpose excuse that people use during a recession to justify doing things that are below their usual standard. Often these things in reality have little or nothing to do with the economic circumstances.

Harry: "You took your girlfriend to Applebee's on Valentine's Day? Pretty weak."
Larry: "Whatever man, I didn't have a choice. Bad economy."

Senator: "Mr. Paulson, you really want to give the greedy, soulless bankers who caused this mess $700 billion with no strings attached?"
Henry Paulson: "Hey guys, bad economy. Just do it."
Senator: "Good point. I vote yes."

Fred: "Dude, tell me you didn't go home with that broke down 300-pound whale I saw you with at O'Shea's last night."
Brendan: "Dude, it's a bad economy. I'll take what I can get."
Fred: "Yeah, I guess you have to."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am 1/4 Irish but I really don't get into it. Too many green beer all-nighters in my past.

That beer song is awful. But luckily I got to hear HOW SOON IS NOW...which I haven't heard in a coon's age.

I am human and I need to be loved, just like everybody else does. (Is that the theme song from MASK with Cher??)

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080219/Oscars/Cher-Mask_l.jpg

How the hell did I get on this tangent?

Vanessa said...

hahahaha! thanks for sharing! i recently changed my email address and forgot to subscribe again to urban dictionary! but i will admit, i have used "bad economy" as an excuse at least 10 times this year : )

 

by the way | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates