Friday, May 30, 2008

Taking Care of Business

Y'all know we have a window cleaning business, right? Here's a link to our fancy website: Everclear. As you can imagine, winters are a bit rough. Work slows down, cash flow runs dry. We've tried to hold back on hiring to save on payroll this year, so we just had one guy who turned out to be less than reliable. Now it's spring and we are slammed with work. So, we decided to hire me. Who knew that in addition to working in the office, I could also actually go out and clean? I am a good employee. I show up every day and I get the job done. And I get a kick out of sending out invoices for work that I did. It's pretty empowering to take matters in my own hands and get all that last minute end-of-the-month stuff done.

My side job: crocheting headbands. Every night I crank out 2 or 3 while watching TV. Jordan brings more orders from his buddies every day. So far he's sold 15 or so of them...at $5 a pop. Of course he keeps most of the money, but at least he's not asking me for cash, right? And the $25 he did give me paid for the yarn and then some so it's cool. I'll take a picture of one later, because I know you're thinking, "wth is a crocheted headband." It's the IN thing, I tell ya.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want a custom headband for SISCON.

And I'm glad you are showing up for work. That way you don't have to rag on yourself.

Anonymous said...

Crocheted headbands? That is freakin AWESOME!!!

Linda said...

Oh my dear you're so multitalented!

 

by the way | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates