Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hello Hello

I've been working on ATCs for a Dr. Seuss swap at SIStv, tons of fun! Yesterday I painted all the cards and left them out to dry on the kitchen counter. Shane said, "they look kinda Miami Vice. I think I had some pants like that." Which in fact he did. They looked rad with that hypercolor t-shirt.


I've been baking up a storm lately, must be the cool weather (and my relentless sweet tooth.) This is my favorite butt cake ever. Remember my Big Fat Greek Wedding? I love that scene with the bundt cake confusion. Was looking for a clip but can't find one. Youtube has failed me.

Fresh Apple Bundt Cake

Cake:
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs

3 cups diced raw cooking apples

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup chopped nuts

Topping:
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbs light corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla


Sift dry ingredients together, add the rest of the cake ingredients and mix well. Spread into a greased and floured bundt cake pan. (batter will be thick) Bake for 1 hour and 15 min. at 350.

Mix the topping ingredients together until blended. Then pour over the hot cake in pan, letting it drizzle down the sides. Let cake cool about 30 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a plate. Dust with powdered sugar if desired. Great served warm.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum...don't lose that baking fever for a week or two!!

I made valentine cut out cookies yesterday...baking bread today.

 

by the way | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates