Friday, February 6, 2009

Hello, Kitty!


Hannah requested this for her friend's birthday gift. The dress gave me fits, and I cannot find "safety eyes" to save my life! I hit two stores yesterday, then sent Shane out to try two more. He's such a good sport. Sending a guy into a craft/fabric store is sort of like asking them to buy tampons for you. Which, by the way, he would totally do. Anyway, I think she turned out pretty cute regardless, reinforced by Hannah's squeal of delight when she saw it this morning. The pattern came from here, thank you ever so much. No freakin' way I could do one of these things without a good pattern, and this one was really easy to follow.

I'm whipping up a little backpack to put her in for the b-day girl. The party is tonight so probably I should get on that.

What's up next, you ask? A rainbow blanket for Hannah. Haven't done an afghan in a long time, so it should be kind of fun. I love how you can snuggle up in it as it grows.


Oh, daily cards, week 5:

4 comments:

Jessica said...

omgoodness! that is so cute. you just reminded me that i have some granny squares i wanted to crochet in these gorgeous colors i picked up to make pom pom with originally.
i can't wait to see how your comes out!

Anonymous said...

Turned out soooo cute!

Oh and I forgot to mention regarding the "hair off"....Shane's is definitely longer...but I think Chris will more than make up for it with his grizzly beard!!

How exactly are we going to judge this? Chris can win on BIG hair too.

Nichol said...

Your blog always cracks me up!!!

LOL

NicholD

Rachel said...

OMG- so cute! I love her... I am a HUGE HK fan!

 

by the way | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates