Friday, February 29, 2008

Walk This Way

It was gorgeous here today and I need exercise badly so I took Jonesy and went for a walk in the hills behind our house. What seemed to slip my mind is that the last time I did that route I was actually in shape. Mid-way through the second hill (the long one) my chest was on fire, my heart was pounding, and my legs felt like they were made of lead. About 1/4 of the way up the third hill (the steep one) I just wanted to lay down. But, I soldiered on and made it back home without calling for backup. Right before we turned down our street, Jonesy spied a gopher and chased it all over through the bushes, finally cornering it behind a bush and up against a fence. The little critter looked exactly like the gopher in Caddyshack, except it wasn't dancing. I think it was having a heart attack. But no worries, Jones didn't eat it.





0 comments:

 

by the way | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates