Friday, September 11, 2009

A Little Treasure

My grandmother sent me this little book the other day. It was made by my great-grandmother, for her sister, in...1915! I can't believe how well it's held up, especially considering it is in pencil. My great-grandma would have been twelve years old when she made it. The drawings are adorable, and it's so cool to see her handwriting.











I'm really glad to have this little piece of my great-grandma - she was so important in my life and I don't really have many mementos. She didn't like having her picture taken, avoided it like the plague really, and so I hardly even have any photos. This little booklet makes me happy.

4 comments:

Danica said...

very cool!

lydiajane said...

what a treasure!!!

Anonymous said...

That IS a treasure! How wonderful!

DJ Lion said...

My friends call me pugly wugly.

 

by the way | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates