Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rockin?

Ever notice that a lot of songs that make reference to "rock" or "rock-n-roll" are not rocking at all? That they do, in fact, suck?


Like this one (my all time most hated)

I think they built that city on cheesy lyrics and awful synthesizer beats.


How 'bout this one?

Got a defibrillator?


Then there's this:

I don't know why, but that song really makes my skin crawl. Maybe it's because Danny on Y&R did it, badly.


I mean, come on people.

I wanna rock!

3 comments:

Jane said...

OMG i had to stop each and every one of them lol All from my teen era too - what were they thinking!!???? lmao Great post xx

Hi from England xxx Jay x

Anonymous said...

Starship - PUke

Huey - embarassed to admit I know every word.

Rock 0n...Danny Romalotti...I had forgotten about that! LMAO!

Twisted Sister...rock
worthy...classic video from the era when MTV played videos. I didn't get MTV at that point so I probably saw it on Friday Night Videos!!

Linda said...

Starship - Double Puke! Back when that song was popular I dated I guy who LOVED it! He grew up to be a gay hairdresser..enough said.

Huey - Love me some Huey..but not that one. Blech!

Danny Romalotti! Haha! Hilarious! I've never seen that before!

Twisted Sister ROCKS! In fact it has inspired me to make a blog post. Check my blog later today!
Hehehe!

 

by the way | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates