Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Scamorama


-A low ink warning 2 months before the ink actually runs out. If I had replaced the cartridge when it first told me to, I'd already be halfway done with the next one!

-Cleaning products that to come in squirt bottles where the last 2 inches of liquid will not pump up. So annoying to be squirting, squirting, squirting and nothing happening. Guess I have to throw it away and buy a whole new bottle - not.

-Emails promising money from long lost dead relatives/foreign lotteries/insurance settlements. Lately they've been getting through the spam filter and it just irks me. Plus they can't spell.

-freecreditreport.com - signed up to get a report a while back. Since then they've been billing us monthly for "monitoring." I didn't sign up for that, and didn't even realize who was billing the $14.95 a month because the line on my statement is cryptic. When I finally figured it out and called to cancel, it took 10 minutes of repeating that, "yes, I really want to cancel" before it got done. I'll believe it when I don't get charged next month.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot a couple:

**Spray cleaners where the GD pump doesn't work in the first place and it has a funky screw lid so you don't have any working nozzle that fits!!!
**Jobs on Craigslist where you have to pay $$ to paypal to get your information packet. They cleverly disguise these jobs but they're all the same MFing scammers.
**"Free" presidential buttons = 2 emails a day asking for contributions. And I ain't talking McInsane and his HoBag
**As for the email scams/poor spelling I got one last week where the subject heading was RESPOND ME BACK...
**BS school fundraiser candy heaped up high on a platter in the catalog for $12. In reality it's about 8 bite sized morsels.
**Cable/Phone/Internet "bundles" yeah great idea until you drop one and then it suddenly becomes more to have two services than three.
**Bogus health club charges where I take my kids off the membership but they're still charging me for the child care. Excuse me but if my kids ain't allowed through the front door why am I paying for the childcare!
**Scrapbook kit clubs that charge $35 for a kit that has 6 pieces of paper. Great profit margin...just wish i'd have thought of it myself.
**Seems like I should've started my own GD blog post on this topic.

angie said...

i'm with you on those! i always wonder if they need my money THAT badly!

Anonymous said...

Hope the credit report bill was resolved.
Sandra

WayWord said...

^^Printers that lock up when only one of the 6 ink cartridges supposedly runs out forcing you to buy another. Print in black only my arsk!
^^Banks trapping your deposits and debits into cyberspace and dispersing YOUR HARD EARNED CASH in a sequence which allows them to extortion $39 dollars on Monday for the $1 double cheesburger you ate on Friday and $8 continuous overdraft fees daily starting Tuesday and the notice still hasn't even arrived yet??? WTF
^^Software Companies such as:
Intuit QB...Norton Anti Virus automatically debiting you bank account to renew subscriptions for UPDATES with no prior notification, forcing you to waste an hour of your day trying to figure out WTF that $200 charge is on your account...and another hour trying to get it back once you do!

Michelle McGee said...

Good ones!!!

Linda said...

Sheesh! Ain't all that the truth! Yesterday the cable company called to offer me a deal on more channels. When I politely said no thanks, she actually asked me what I do at night that I don't need more channels! That's when I hung up on her.

 

by the way | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates