Saturday, September 27, 2008

Finally

I actually scrapbooked yesterday! It had been a really long time, I was starting to get worried that I'd lost that lovin' feeling for paper and glue, but no...it was just on the back burner. Made three layouts, nothing fancy but still - it felt good. Might do some more today, and I'm excited to do Ali's A Week In The Life project next week. There, I said it so now I have to do it!







Whenever I review a book on goodreads.com it always asks if I want to blog the review and gives the embed code. Here's what happened when I used that code:


The Handmaid's Tale The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood






My review

rating: 5 of 5 stars
I loved this book. Maybe the scariest thing I've ever read, including The Shining. ;)

When I say scary, I mean scary as in could we ever get to that place? I just couldn't get it out of my mind. Maybe it's good (or bad) timing, with the world in such turmoil right now. A very powerful read.

I saw it on the "banned books" shelf at the library and had heard of it before so I grabbed it up. Sort of ironic, it being banned - in the story a lot of things are banned and it is horrific.

PS: I could never vote for someone who has tried to ban books. EVER.

View all my reviews.


Pretty cool. Go technology!

2 comments:

Karen said...

My SB mood comes and goes also but it never really goes away.

The book is very scary. My mom made me read it probably as a lesson. The movie was ok but nearly as good as the book

-karen

Linda said...

Those los rock! I have always seriously coveted your handwriting T! I'm blocked too but I'm not gonna worry about it. Great to see new stuff from you tho! That book sounds very interesting.

 

by the way | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates