Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring!


It sure feels like spring today, nice and warm and sunny. I know it will get cold again, that's the way the Northern Nevada weather rolls, but for now I'm going to soak it up!

I had a dream last night that I was shopping for plants at the nursery - so now I'm in the mood to get the garden patch in shape. Don't usually plant anything until May, otherwise it's in danger of freezing. Debating whether or not to start some seedlings in the garage or just wait and buy some plants. I'd really like to build a raised bed so we can have a bigger garden, but for now I'll just busy myself with cleaning up the yard. Might be time to come out of hibernation!

Completely unrelated, but you know what bugs me? When you get a soda at the fountain and all the lids are in a stack and you have to touch at least five to get one for your cup. That means that your lid has been touched by what? five people? GROSS ME.

Here's a recipe for you - brought home from school by Evan. We baked them together yesterday, so yummy! A perfect mixture of sweet & salty, definitely a keeper!

Chango Bars
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
3 eggs
2 1/3 cups flour
1 TBS baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup mixed nuts (I took out the Brazil nuts b/c they are just too big)

Melt butter. Meanwhile, cream brown sugar and eggs together, stir in melted butter. Combine dry ingredients and stir into sugar mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Spread into a greased 9 X 13 baking pan and bake 45-50 minutes at 350. Got milk?

0 comments:

 

by the way | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates