Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Oh, The Horror!

Went to the bridal shop to try on dresses for my lovely little sis's upcoming wedding...it was not pretty. Sorry, Bri, you know I love you - but it was not a good experience. I'm convinced that bridesmaid's dresses have one purpose only, to be ugly and ill-fitting enough to make the bride look extra gorgeous. And I do take some responsibility here - it's no secret that I've gained weight. In fact, I selected dresses a size larger than I normally would, just to be on the safe side. But then had to go up another size. Yikes. To make matters worse, the dressing room is the little tiny type with no mirror, you have to go out of the fitting room into the common area to look in the full size mirror. I don't like that set-up. At all. And I seriously almost got stuck in one of those dresses. It was a tight-fitting number with those bone things in the bodice, I got in it just fine but then the zipper stuck. I almost dislocated my shoulder trying to pull it off over my head, like a freaking straight jacket. Did I mention I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl? So Bri, here's what I'm wearing on your special day:


I think the colors will work, don't you?

PS: I'm going out for a jog now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry 'bout that.
bridal dresses are notoriously ill-fitting.
one of my friends was ready to slit her wrists...she was a size 12 but measured 14, 16 and 18 (hips, bust, waist not in that order) so they had to go with the biggest, 18:(

hope you got your arm back in the socket. do they have a flowing mu-mu version you can opt for? one that allows for serious beer guttage?

Kate said...

Hey IGF
Sorry you're having dress troubles.
Maybe they will elope!!

Lori said...

Yep a jeans girl here too!! I hated trying on dresses for my sisters wedding!! YUCK!!

lydiajane said...

you too funny! will i be seeing you in Tahoe?

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! I feel so guilty to put you through all of that!! The jeans outfit totally rocks! We can make that work :) I love ya!! ~B

 

by the way | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates