Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Stuff

  • Car update: waiting on estimate for a new engine. Yep, just a little minor repair. eyeroll. Dealing with being a one car family for now.
  • Scored a 19 pound turkey for $7.00, so tonight we are having Thanksgiving Part II. Since I can't drive anywhere, I will spend the day cooking and working on some crochet projects. Beth, if you're reading, I will be making your pears by special request from everyone.
  • Need to get to the library. I'm reading a John Grisham book that we had at the house, not expecting a whole lot. It kind of stresses me out not to have another book waiting. Weird?
  • Speaking of books, The Motel Life was so good. Sad, but wonderful. Why are most of the really good ones such heartbreakers? Maybe it's just that when it's good you really get into it and feel it more.
  • Watched Heros last night, thinking the entire time, "why am I still watching this?" The first season was so good, but I've definitely lost that lovin' feeling for the show.
  • Shopping for a wii for Christmas, a combined family gift this year. Hope it's not too hard to find. It's going to be a "small" Christmas, but I don't mind. I find those are the best actually.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Car troubles...what a pain! But Thanksgiving part 2 sounds fun :) When you get the wii, you should get wii fit- sooo much fun!! ~Bri

Anonymous said...

dude...bargain turkey here tonight too...but I'm not stuffing it. gonna do stove top:) so the rest of the week it's gonna be turkey quesadillas, turkey tetrazini (I have a great recipe if you want it) and turkey soup. my bird was $10 though so I got ripped off. diggin ze ol gomez.

Linda said...

Turkey is fab anytime! We love it here too! According to EW..lots of people have lost that lovin feeling for Heros so you're not the only one. I don't watch it so can't comment. But I have been trying to read more. Gonna check that book on Amazon. Are you on Goodreads?

 

by the way | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates