Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hump Day

Today in a nutshell:

-Biked to the post office, which I've been trying to do most days. Today Shane came with me and we took the long way home, about an hour and fifteen minutes round trip. So nice just to be outside, even though it is over 100 degrees out. We were talking about how different it is to ride through a neighborhood rather than drive - it just feels friendly somehow. Other people on bikes always say hi, I like that. Way more interactive than driving.

-Took the kids to the mall for back-to-school clothes shopping. I really don't like shopping (except for scrapbooking/crafting stuff) and I pretty much hate the mall. But, it wasn't too bad, the sales were good and they are happy. Chilled out with an Orange Julius after the shop-a-thon.

-Won't get teacher assignments until next week, which is also when we get the supply list. Let's hope it's not like Jordan's first grade class. I will never forget spending $50 on school supplies for him that year. Jeeez.

-Turned in some film for developing today. So weird to go back to that. At first I thought digital was weird, now I can hardly function without it.

-Getting ready to watch some Olympic action. I've really enjoyed the swimming and gymnastics so far. Shane promised me a foot rub - he's the best guy in the whole wide world.

Over and out.

2 comments:

holly* said...

wow! you're a busy lady. when on earth do you have time to scrap? and $50 on school supplies for a 1st grader? what did you have to get that boy? i'm not looking forward to sending mine to school. i do have a little bit of time to worry about it still though...

btw, i stalked you from SIS. love you tunes! i'll be back!

Anonymous said...

IFOSV. sorry.

 

by the way | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates