Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What's Up?

-with work, or the lack there of? Business has dropped off so much that we had to lay off one guy already this week. It's way too early in the year to be so slow, and it has me worried. Is it just back to school business and Labor Day plans that is keeping people from calling us? Or is the economy in such bad shape that no one can afford our service? Being self employed is like a real life horror movie, on the daily.

-with Walmart? Do they only hire rude people or is that just a side effect of working for Satan's empire? Was shopping today, having a minor panic attack as my $214 worth of weekly groceries were being rung up and watching all the burners gearing up for the playa. If you don't know about Burning Man, educate yourself here. Anyway, of the three employees that I spoke to, 100% were jerks.

-with stuff breaking around here? I seriously cannot deal with fixing/replacing one more thing. Let's take care of our things, people!

-with my timing? Every time I use a public restroom it is obvious that someone has JUST taken a dump in there. I do not like this phenomenon.

-with Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos? They are really freakin' delicious.

4 comments:

Shaina Longstreet said...

i think its a nation-wide phenomenon...the whole rude wal-mart people thing. and i have to go tonight.... pout :(

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should find a new store. IFOWM.

And I guess it's time to start whipping up those headbands and such on etsy! And you can become a SIS sponsor too and earn big money selling kits. Haha...I'm going to make millions - the only scrappers who come to my site are from SIS anyway!

Sorry about the stinky turds in the public restrooms. Maybe you can drink your coffee at a different time so you can go at home?

Linda said...

Ar-kansas is Walmart country and I do have to say that my local Walmart has the nicest people EVER working there! Seriously. The young, the old, the super strange, they are all nice. I am blessed! Hehe! Thank god because I go there every day..sometimes more!
Sorry about the breakage! We have some of that going on here too. It blows. LOVE the Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos! Man they are good!

WayWord said...

I love you Sis...crackin me up and I sympathize on the biz and 2nd the headband thingy & add in some purses, etc... I'm picking up a crocheting for dummies books at the library STAT! The wheels have been churning and there's all kinda ways for us Ways to make some dough. Our creativity shall be our salvation.

The grocery deal...that family on TNT with 8 kids tried to say they only spend $150.00 a week for all ten of them. Must not be enjoying those Spicy Sweet Doritos from Satan's empire..hehe.

I believe the acronym for this phenomenon is IBS.

 

by the way | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates