Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Yell Fire!

The tomato plants are outta control, and I've been making fresh pico almost daily. The second batch was smokin' hot, so I threw in an avocado and it cooled it down right fine. So yummy, and healthy too...except for the chips, but we don't need to go there, right? You could use celery instead (LOL!)


Pico De Gallo
4 ripe tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
1 small white onion, finely chopped
2-3 jalapenos, minced
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
1 TBS fresh lime juice
salt & pepper to taste


Just mix it all up and chill at least an hour. Really best the same day. I personally scarf it down in no time, so long term storage is not a problem.


*note* Chopping by hand is really best, a food processor will just pulverize everything. But, do use gloves while handling the peppers. Unless of course you want to still have fiery oils on your hands that will withstand washing and continue to burn 2 days later. I'm just saying...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That post is making me hungry...our tomato supply is used before I can make anything:(

I had some wicked run-ins with scotch bonnet peppers in Jamaica...they are LETHAL and I had that oily juice in my nose, eyes, numb fingertips for days.

The CIA should use that stuff instead of waterboarding. It's organic.

Linda said...

Oh YUM! That sounds DELISH!!

 

by the way | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates